Regardless of whether a planned terrorist attack is the work of a lone individual or a terrorist cell, there will always be indicators which can be observed, collected, and assessed. Frontline personnel play a critical role in protecting Canada from potential terrorist attacks. As the eyes and ears on the street, knowing what look and listen for during the course of day to day duties can contribute to the security and safety of all Canadians.
The Terrorism Event Pre-Incident Indicators course builds upon the experience of trained law enforcement professionals to increase overall situational awareness. By describing possible terrorist event pre-incident indicators and identified attack methods, learners will be better able to recognize and respond to a possible terrorist event in the making, thus increasing the chances of preventing a future terrorist attack in Canada.
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Define terrorist activity
- Recognize possible pre-incident indicators and explain their significance
- Identify the importance of your role in recognizing behaviours and/or actions
- Identify how to report a suspicious incident
- Identify the possible indicators within the various phases of a terrorist attack