Regardless of whether a planned terrorist attack is the work of a lone individual or a terrorist cell, there will always be indicators which can be observed, collected, and assessed. Frontline personnel play a critical role in protecting Canada from potential terrorist attacks. As the eyes and ears on the street, knowing what to look and listen for during the course of day-to-day duties can contribute to the security and safety of all Canadians.
The Terrorism Event Pre-Incident Indicators course builds upon the experience of trained law enforcement professionals to increase overall situational awareness. By describing possible terrorist event pre-incident indicators and identified attack methods, learners will be better able to recognize and respond to a possible terrorist event in the making, thus increasing the chances of preventing a future attack in Canada.
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Define terrorist activity
- Recognize possible pre-incident indicators and explain their significance
- Identify the importance of your role in recognizing behaviours and/or actions
- Identify how to report a suspicious incident
- Identify the possible indicators within the various phases of a terrorist attack