The National Advisory Committee brings together training professionals from Canada’s police and public safety sector to provide expert advice on issues ranging from course topic selection to the planning of the annual Stanhope Conference.
Members of the National Advisory Committee:
Director Paul Hebert, Committee Chair
Ontario Police College
Betty Froese, Committee Vice Chair
Learning and Development, Vancouver Police Department
Inspector Blair Steer
York Regional Police Service
Chief Superintendent Brad McCallum
Ontario Provincial Police
Learning and Development, Calgary Police Service
Inspector David DeAngelis
Peel Regional Police Service
Superintendent Deborah Bourne
RCMP, E Division
Staff Sergeant Devon Racicot
Saskatoon Police Service
Director Geneviève Lizée
Research, Expertise and Teaching, École nationale de police du Québec
Inspector Jack Crilly
Toronto Police Service
Inspector Jason Colon
Manitoba First Nations Police
Director, National Learning Services, RCMP
Sergeant Sean O’Brien
Toronto Police Service
Public Safety Canada
Inspector Stephanie Johnson
Halifax Regional Police Service
President, Canadian Police Association
Join a Subcommittee!
Our four NAC subcommittees explore current issues impacting police learning and education.
If you are a member of a Canadian public safety organization with time, energy, and ideas, please consider joining one of our subcommittees. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Collaboration & Engagement
Facilitates collaboration among police and public safety organizations to leverage knowledge, experience, and best practices.
- Connecting with current and future leaders
- Promoting CPKN’s activities to current and future leaders and supporting organizations
- Expanding opportunities to discuss issues and share knowledge across the network
- Planning a Stanhope Conference session on collaboration and engagement
Helps ensure CPKN courses and resources are relevant, high-quality, and credible.
- Continue to provide relevant and cost-effective technology-enhanced learning
- Provide consistent content and delivery on subject matters of national significance
- Planning a Stanhope Conference session on learning needs
Innovation and Best Practices
Works within the policing sector to effectively integrate learning innovation and educational best practices. The committee will achieve this goal by:
- Helping to define quality improvement processes and course standards
- Ensuring the delivery of innovative learning solutions
- Supporting consistency in curriculum, course, and instructional development
- Facilitating the integration of research and evaluation into learning solutions
- Planning a Stanhope Conference session on innovation and best practices
Advises on competency-related practices, issues, and trends for the policing community.
- Modernizing the competency framework to align learning and development with performance
- Planning a Stanhope Conference session on competencies