Canadian Credible Leadership Series
International Academy of Public Safety
Canadian Credible Leadership (CCL) is the only fully online (self-directed), evidence-based, and field-tested Canadian police and public safety leadership program. CCL is applicable to officers at any stage in their career (from hire to retire) recognizing that every officer is a leader in the communities they serve and in their policing agencies.
The vision is to equip all police leaders, future and current, with the knowledge and skills required to enhance operational efficiency and health, sustain public trust, reduce liabilities and attract and retain the best talent.
The program (comprised of four online Series with final assessment, an e-textbook, over 300 videos, modeling scenarios, practice activities, and resources) focuses on building the leadership skills and competencies which lead to:
- Enhanced public trust
- Increased engagement of officers in change and meeting organizational priorities
- Higher performing teams
- Reduced complaints and internal investigations
- Mitigated liabilities
- Increased accessibility of leadership training for all officers
- Better workplaces and safer communities
You will learn to model, coach, inspire, challenge, enable, and encourage.
Each series is equipped with bookmarking capabilities to save your learning progress as you work through the program. Upon completion of the online program, you will receive a CPKN Canadian Credible Leadership Certificate of completion.
Upon completion of the program, you will have an understanding of your own abilities to demonstrate behaviours, skills, and competencies developed in the following four series:
- Series 1 – Self-Management and Interpersonal Communication Series
- Series 2 – Problem and Opportunity Management Series
- Series 3 – Team and Organization Development Series
- Series 4 – Leadership Style, Role, and Skill Shifting Series