Salary: $90,000-$100,000 per year
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 75 hours bi-weekly
Closing Date: Tuesday, October 10, 2023, at 5p.m. ADT
Who We Are
The Canadian Police Knowledge Network (CPKN) is an extensive collaborative network operating as a not-for-profit with a vision of ‘Driving excellence in policing professional development’. Established in 2004, CPKN has since evolved to earn its standing as a trusted, reliable, an integral component of the Canadian and First Nations policing services and the communities they serve.
CPKN is a network of leaders and training professionals from the Canadian Police Community. At the core of this network is an organization comprised of 40 highly competent and professional staff. CPKN strives to provide a positive workplace culture that recognizes, and values staff all the while ensuring the success of CPKN.
Building on 20 years of success, CPKN is continually growing and evolving to meet demand. CPKN is seeking a Director of Innovation to complement an already cohesive and highly productive team.
The Director of Innovation is responsible for overseeing Learning innovation within the network. This role involves overseeing existing products, developing strategies for innovation, identifying best practices, and opportunities for growth, and leading cross-functional teams to see projects through to completion. Ideally, this candidate would work a hybrid model in Charlottetown PEI, however remote applicants will be considered.
- Develop and execute an innovation strategy aligned with CPKN’s strategic goals.
- Oversee the product management and enhancement of current offerings: catalogue, LMS, and development services.
- Identify emerging trends, technologies, and opportunities that support the network.
- Oversee training and communications of new and existing products and services.
- Ensure exceptional UI/UX across all brands, learning platforms, and technologies.
- Define key performance indicators (KPI’s) to measure success of innovation initiatives.
- Foster a culture of innovation by encouraging idea generation and collaboration across the network (internal and external).
- Evaluate and prioritize innovative ideas based on their feasible, potential impact and alignment with Strategic objectives.
- Lead meaningful research and evaluation for program and product efficacy.
- Recruit and manage a team of research and evaluation-driven professionals.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders across the network to execute projects.
- Identify and pursue partnerships with academia.
- Prepare proposals, monitor, and report on the performance of innovation initiatives.
- Member of a cohesive and highly productive leadership group.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D in Education, or a relevant field.
- Fluency in French preferred.
- 7-10 years’ experience in innovation, product development, or a related field.
- Extensive understanding of adult learning principles.
- Experience with LMS’s, curriculum design, and eLearning.
- Familiarity with emerging trends (i.e., AI, VR, microlearning, micro credentials).
- 5+ years in a senior leadership role.
- Strong project management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities.
- Analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a creative mindset.
- Ability to inspire and motivate team members and build relationships with stakeholders.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in adult education, product development, innovation or related roles and demonstrated leadership in digital learning technology.
The Director of Innovation plays a crucial role in working with the network to identify opportunities for innovative solutions and strategies within public safety and police education.
CPKN values collaboration and teamwork and as such, the ideal candidate will demonstrate a collaborative spirit and will want to be part of a team that recognizes and values staff while ensuring client success and the ongoing vitality of the organization.
This position offers an annual salary between $90,000-$100,000 and a benefits package. If you feel your qualifications will support our vision and drive success, please email a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, October 10, 2023, at 5p.m. ADT.
CPKN thanks all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.