Nova Scotia Cannabis Control Act (Bill 108)
Notice: This course is designed for Nova Scotia Law Enforcement.
Nova Scotia Department of Justice
The federal government has committed to legalize cannabis through the Cannabis Act, Bill C-45. The provinces and territories are responsible for a number of areas as a result of the federal Act.
Nova Scotia passed the Cannabis Control Act, Bill 108 which establishes rules related to the sale, distribution, purchase, possession, cultivation, propagation, and harvesting of cannabis.
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Recall the purpose of the Cannabis Control Act
- Identify the authorized seller in Nova Scotia
- Explain the rules around public consumption of smoked/vaped cannabis
- Articulate the offences and penalties under the Cannabis Control Act
- Understand the changes to the Liquor Control Act