The Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services (CCRTIS), a division of National Police Services, has created a web-based system called Criminal Justice Information Management (CJIM). This system will enable contributing police agency users to submit criminal record charges and dispositions electronically, resulting in publication to CPIC in near real time.
The Criminal Justice Information Management (CJIM) course will introduce users to CJIM and will provide direction on how to use the system. It will train users on how to access and navigate the system; how to update offender information and charges; and how to submit dispositions in compliance with Canadian legislation and CCRTIS business rules.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Search for and retrieve a submission that was previously submitted as a LiveScan/CardScan submission;
- Add to or modify an offender’s biographical data if new or more accurate information becomes available;
- Add or modify the Volunteer Screening Initiative (VSI), aliases, mark/scar/tattoo information as required;
- Identify and report the final charge(s), whether they are original, modified or additional charge(s);
- Enter the related final court disposition(s) and submit them electronically.