Waterloo Regional Police
The Crime Stoppers program is a partnership of the public, police, and media which provides the community with a proactive program for people to anonymously assist the police in solving crime and contributing to an improved quality of life.
Crime Stoppers – Protecting Informer Identity eLearning video will assist members with the proper procedures in handling Crime Stoppers Tips in order to protect the anonymous informer identity. The eLearning video will assist members in understanding what is expected of the tip handler, proper note taking, search warrant preparation, and Crown Disclosure. The Crime Stoppers program is a valuable asset to our service and it is important that all members understand the importance of proper tip handling.
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Respond to information received from Crime Stoppers
- Explain what Confidential and Anonymous Informers are
- Explain what Informer’s Rights are
- Recall rules for dealing with Informers
- Recall how to respond to Drug Investigations
- Recall how to handle Crime Stoppers records and reports
- Recall procedural steps for Warrant and Wiretap Applications
- Recall how to deal with Crime Stoppers tips in a trial