Canadian Police Information Centre
The Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) System is the national information-sharing and communication tool for public safety and law enforcement agencies. The system consists of several central automated data banks located under the stewardship of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. CPIC is an important investigational tool for law enforcement personnel and as such, CPIC policies and procedures are implemented to safeguard its use.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand policies and procedures in using the CPIC System;
- Understand the access and functionality of ancillary data banks;
- Understand the purpose and functionality of offline searches;
- Recognize possible compliance and security issues, and ways to mitigate risks of disclosing information;
- Recognize the functionalities of the CPIC screen;
- Conduct basic level queries and understand responses;
- Learn to send and receive messages through the CPIC System; and
- Learn to locate resources for assistance.