Courtroom Testimony for Intercept Monitor Analysts
The purpose of the Courtroom Testimony for Intercept Monitor Analysts online course is to outline court preparation and testimony. This online course outlines who and what is involved in testifying in court, and how to prepare for it. The course teaches the sequence of events involved in appearing as a witness, correct deportment and how to behave correctly, and various lines of questioning that may be used in court. Finally, the course reviews the various techniques used in cross-examination and presents some suggested strategies for handling them on the stand.
When you have complete this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the Canadian judicial process and identify the roles/functions of courtroom personnel
- Outline the steps involved in preparation for court
- Outline the sequence of events involved in appearing as a witness in court
- Identify the principles of court testimony and common cross examination techniques
- Review sample questions from Crown Prosecutors in each of the possible lines of questioning