Learners located outside of Alberta, who would like to have access to this course, will need to request access from the Calgary Police Service.
Calgary Police Service
This course examines the Police (Street Checks and Carding) Amendment Act, how it fits with existing police practices, and how forms and records management have been adapted. The course also includes a brief review of fair and impartial policing.
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Explain why the Alberta government created Bill 63
- Describe how the Act fits in with police officers’ current practices
- List the standards of a lawful street check as established in the Act
- Anticipate the new reporting requirements for street checks
- Explain fair and impartial policing in the context of lawful street checks