The Using a Trauma-Informed Approach course will introduce the concept of trauma, the different range of reactions to trauma, and conducting investigations using a trauma-informed approach. We will examine trauma, its impacts, and the potential challenges you may face when interacting with victims of trauma.
The objectives of this Using a Trauma-Informed Approach online course are to ensure that upon completion, you will be able to:
- Recognize the biological impacts of trauma on the brain
- Identify the different types of trauma
- Recognize the range of reactions that can occur as a result of a traumatic event
- Recognize the importance of your role and the potential impact you can have when interacting with a victim of trauma
- Recognize the individual impacts trauma can have on diverse populations