Canadian Anti-Counterfeiting Network (CACN)
The Canadian Anti-Counterfeiting Network (CACN) is a coalition of safety ambassadors that have united in the fight against product counterfeiting, fraud, and copyright piracy in Canada.
CACN has developed an online training module, designed to educate police officers, crown attorneys, and customs officers on counterfeit and piracy-related crimes—and the critical role they play in preventing the illicit trade of counterfeit and pirated goods to protect Canadians.
This training module offers key insights on:
- The scope and scale of counterfeit and pirated crime in Canada and worldwide
- The economic and health and safety impacts of illicit trade
- Common types of counterfeit and pirated goods (electrical, mechanical, pharma, etc.)
- Available resources to help validate if suspected goods are counterfeit or authentic
- What potential charges can be used against suspected counterfeiters
- Role-specific steps police officers, crown attorneys, and customs officers can take to address the illicit trade of counterfeit and pirated goods