Alberta Association of Chiefs of Police (AACP)
A significant part of an investigation routine is the execution of warrants such as search warrants. As an investigator, you are continually challenged to demonstrate accuracy and substantation. This course will build your understanding of procedures that apply to Information to Obtains, Search Warrants, and other reporting.
This course is part of the Alberta Investigative Skills Education Program (ISEP) level 200.
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Review the sections of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms that apply to Information to Obtains and Search Warrants.
- Identify and explain the procedures that apply to Information to Obtains and Search Warrants.
- Apply the practical skills in completing an Information to Obtain.
- Apply the practical skills in completing a Search Warrant.
- Describe the purpose of Form 5.2 Report to a Justice.
- Describe the basic requirements of Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) warrants, Feeney Warrants, and Production Orders.