- About CPKN
- Course Catalogue
- Learning Solutions
- CPKN Model
CPIC Query/Narrative Online Course
- Course Category:
CPIC is a computerized information storage and retrieval system designed for the sole use of designated law-enforcements agencies. The system consists of one central automated data bank located in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police complex in Ottawa and it is linked through a communications network to remotely-sited computer terminals, mobile workstations, and hand held devices. CPIC is an important investigational tool for law enforcement personnel and CPIC policies and procedures are implemented to safeguard its use.
The CPIC Query/Narrative Online Course is adapted from the Canadian Police Information Centre's traditional classroom training curriculum. In addition to providing information on CPIC policy, this course is designed to provide users with the skills to query CPIC Data Banks, analyze the responses, and send narrative traffic messages using the CPIC System.
To gain access to, or for assistance with an issue related to the use of CPIC, please contact your local Field Operations unit.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the requirements, procedures and code of conduct necessary to ensure that CPIC is a secure system
- Distinguish the different areas of the CPIC screen and the different functionalities that are available
- Find resources to maximize use of the system
- Know how to use CPIC principal messaging functionalities
- Identify action verbs, trigger words, and key words
- Obtain Vehicle Registration and Drivers License information from various Provinces
- Query Boats, Motors, and Logs
- Query Persons, the Criminal Name Index (CNI), and a subject's criminal records
- Obtain Information from the Wandering Person Registry
- Query Articles, Guns, Securities, and the Canadian Firearms Registration On-line (CFRO) database
- Read and understand responses from Queries
- Obtain associated records
Content for this course has been adapted for online delivery by the Canadian Police Information Centre.
|The development of this course was funded by the
Government of Canada's Sector Council Program.
Content Provider: Canadian Police Information Centre
Language: English / French
Length: 6 hours
Release Date: 2007-08-01