Frontline Supervisor - Domestic Violence
Frontline Supervisor - Leadership
Frontline Supervisor - Organizational Skills
Frontline Supervisor - Performance Management
Ontario Police College
When following the ‘leader’s path’, police sergeants need to know themselves as well as their people. As they travel the continuum between transactional and transformational leadership, police supervisors must be able to identify their own strengths and weaknesses in order to provide more empathetic leadership to their staff.
Frontline Supervisor – Self-managing Skills explores the concepts and theories behind communication and emotional intelligence and identifies the steps that control success or failure.
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Define communication and explain its elements using Osgood’s Communication Model
- Simplify the theory of Transactional Analysis and the interrelations of the three ego states
- Explain the power of emotions through Emotional Intelligence and its relationship to Intelligence Quotient and threshold competencies
- Describe the onset symptoms and explain the results of an amygdala highjack
- Explain the Self-Managing Sequence and list the five steps that control success or failure
For Ontario Police College Learners:
Ontario Police College will process registration for its blended Front Line Supervisor course. The OPC course consists of three modules:
Module 1: Pre-course materials
Module 2: CPKN online learning (the 5 online Front Line Supervisor courses)
Module 3: A 5 day in-class component at the OPC or a satellite location.
Learners registered to the OPC course must complete these elements in the prescribed, consecutive order. Journaling is mandatory for successful completions of all 3 modules. Certificates of Completion for the CPKN online courses that have been completed prior to registering for the OPC course cannot be applied to the completion of the full OPC course.
For more information about the blended OPC Front Line Supervisorcourse, please contact your training branch for a detailed course description, check the link at www.opconline.ca or contact:
For General Registration:
OPC Office of the Registrar
For Specific Inquiries:
Mr. Phil Hutchin, OPC FLS Coordinator