Frontline Supervisor - Domestic Violence
Frontline Supervisor - Leadership
Frontline Supervisor - Organizational Skills
Frontline Supervisor - Self-managing Skills
Ontario Police College
As a police supervisor, you must regularly evaluate the performance of the officers under your command. This not only contributes to the outcomes of the organization but motivates employees to continually improve.
Frontline Supervisor – Performance Management will assist police supervisors to better understand and conduct effective performance management reviews. In addition to describing competency-based tools, this course reviews the skills and processes associated with fair and equitable performance appraisals.
When you have completed this course you will be able to:
- Describe eight different types of employees
- Describe competency and competency based tools
- Demonstrate the use of competency based tools
- Describe what facilitates an effective performance appraisal
- Describe the general skills related to fair and equitable performance appraisals
- Describe validity and reliability in assessment tools
- Identify the final steps in the appraisal process to ensure all aspects of the process are covered
- Explain how the performance appraisal process mitigates risk
For Ontario Police College Learners
Ontario Police College will process registration for its blended Front Line Supervisor course. The OPC course consists of three modules:
Module 1: Pre-course materials
Module 2: CPKN online learning (the 5 online Front Line Supervisor courses)
Module 3: A 5 day in-class component at the OPC or a satellite location.
Learners registered to the OPC course must complete these elements in the prescribed, consecutive order. Journaling is mandatory for successful completions of all 3 modules. Certificates of Completion for the CPKN online courses that have been completed prior to registering for the OPC course cannot be applied to the completion of the full OPC course.
For more information about the blended OPC Front Line Supervisor course, please contact your training branch for a detailed course description, check the link at www.opconline.ca or contact:
For General Registration:
OPC Office of the Registrar
For Specific Inquiries:
Mr. Phil Hutchin, OPC FLS Coordinator