Counterfeiting, identify theft, debit card and cheque fraud are among the fastest growing crimes in Canada. These crimes generate billions of dollars in losses annually and have devastating impacts on victims.
Developed by the Bank of Canada, in collaboration with the RCMP, Interac and Public Works and Government Services, and several industry associations, Fighting Fraud on the Front Lines provides easy-to-follow advice on how Canadians can avoid becoming victims of these types of crimes. This course features four short videos depicting victims of financial fraud, followed by information on how to protect yourself from these scams.
Any learner with a CPKN e-learning account may self-register to this free Learning Resource by following these steps:
- Login to your e-Learning account
- Click on ‘Catalogues’ in the upper blue navigation bar.
- Click on the ‘Free Learning Resources’ catalogue.
- Click on ‘Register’ to the right of the title.
- Return to your ‘Registered’ course list (in the upper blue navigation bar). The title will appear in your list of courses.
As free learning resources, there are no Certificates of Completion associated with these offerings. They are intended for information only.