per module or $150.00 for all modules
Ontario Police College
The Ontario Police College and the Canadian Police Knowledge Network have adapted the Advanced Patrol Training Course (APT) program into an e-learning course.
On any given day, a police officer will encounter a variety of situations involving provincial statutes. In each case, the officer must be properly informed on the relevant law in order to perform his duties, educate and protect the public, and ensure compliance. This module explores various aspects of Ontario statutes including the Liquor Licence Act, the Child and Family Services Act, the Family Law Act, the Trespass to Property Act, and the Safe Streets Act.
This is one of eight modules in the Ontario Police College’s Advanced Patrol Training course. As such, some portions of this course are specific to Ontario jurisdictions. Interested participants from outside of Ontario are encouraged to contact CPKN for further information.
Upon Completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and explain applicable authorities as defined in the Liquor Licence Act
- Identify and explain applicable authorities defined in the Child and Family Services Act
- Identify and explain applicable authorities defined in the Children’s Law Reform Act
- Identify and explain applicable authorities defined in the Family Law Act
- Identify and explain applicable authorities in the Trespass to Property Act
- Identify and explain applicable authorities as defined in the Safe Streets Act
Modules in the series:
- Criminal Offences
- Investigative Detention
- Law on Drinking & Driving
- Domestic Violence
- Provincial Statutes – Ontario-specific Content
- Search and Seizure Without Warrant