Ontario Police College
The Ontario Police College and the Canadian Police Knowledge Network have adapted the Advanced Patrol Training Course (APT) program into an e-learning course.
Occurrences of domestic violence are unique and police officers must be adaptable in their response to these situations. This module addresses procedures and preferred practices to follow when responding to domestic violence calls, arrest issues, victim assistance services, as well as options for search and seizure as they relate to firearms and other weapons.
This is one of eight modules in the Ontario Police College’s Advanced Patrol Training course. As such, some portions of this course are specific to Ontario jurisdictions. Interested participants from outside of Ontario are encouraged to contact CPKN for further information.
Upon Completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify aspects of domestic violence
- Recall your role in responding to a domestic violence situation
- Recall how to use the information on the Domestic Violence Supplementary Report Form
- Recall the procedures around interviewing victims of domestic violence
- Identify the issues and procedures after a domestic violence arrest has been made
- Recall your authorities in emergency situations involving weapons
Modules in this series:
- Criminal Offences
- Investigative Detention
- Law on Drinking & Driving
- Domestic Violence
- Provincial Statutes – Ontario-specific Content
- Search and Seizure Without Warrant