Vancouver Police Department
Supervisors are tasked with many different aspects of policing and must be efficient in the core competencies such as communication, coaching, problem solving and decision making, leadership, resource management, and community focus.
Acting Supervisor Training: High Risk Procedures is one of four modules in the Acting Supervisor Training course. It addresses policies and procedures for members involved in a pursuit as well as responsibilities associated with the use of force.
Upon Completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Review the policies and procedures for members and supervisors in a pursuit
- Outline potential pursuit restrictions and alternatives
- Review the roles and responsibilities for members and supervisors engaging in a pursuit
- Review the roles and responsibilities for members and supervisors terminating a pursuit
- Review the roles and responsibilities for members and supervisors when investigating a pursuit and submitting reports
- Articulate the responsibilities of an NCO with respect to the use of force.