- About CPKN
- Course Catalogue
- Learning Solutions
- CPKN Model
Items of Religious Significance: Hindu Religion
- Course Category:
This course was developed by the Toronto Police Service and has been made available to all police services via CPKN. Please note that this course may contain some TPS-specific information/policies.
As police officers, it is important to understand the various religions in a community and the items that hold significant religious value to persons of those faiths. As the world’s third largest religion, Hinduism is practiced by a significant number of Canadians from various ethnic backgrounds.
Developed by Toronto Police Services, Items of Religious Significance: Hindu Religion will enhance officer awareness about the Hindu religion and the items associated with that faith. In addition to reviewing articles of faith, this course will address Hindu religious festivals, places of worship, the status of women, and the protocols that officers should observe to ensure that police officers are able to deal with members of the Hindu community appropriately and with respect.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe important aspect involving the history of the Hindu religion
- Describe the Hindu religious requirements
- Describe each item of faith
- Explain how to handle each item of faith
- Describe the status of women in the Hindu faith
- Describe other important objects such as places of worship in the Hindu faith
- Explain how officers should conduct themselves with attending at a place of worship or residence of members from the Hindu faith
- Summarize rules and procedures relating to items of religious significance
- Explain how to best deal with an arrest involving a person practicing the Hindu religion
This course is designed for all police officers, law enforcement personnel, or others in public service roles.
This course was developed by the Toronto Police Service.
Content Provider: Toronto Police Service
Length: 30 minutes
Release Date: 2014-04-22