- About CPKN
- Course Catalogue
- Learning Solutions
- CPKN Model
Canadian Firearms Registry Online: A Tool for Officer Safety
- Course Category:
The Canadian Firearms Registry Online (CFRO) is an indispensible tool for frontline policing and law enforcement. CFRO provides immediate access to firearms license information, license statuses, and firearms registration information in the Canadian Firearms Information System (CFIS), thus preparing officers for more effective responses to calls involving, or potentially involving, firearms. In addition to improving the safety of officers and the public, the CFRO system is important in the investigation of firearm-related crimes and the identification of lost or stolen firearms.
The Canadian Firearms Registry Online: A Tool for Officer Safety course focuses on query processes within the CFRO system, the various statuses associated with firearms, licenses, and certificates, and, using scenario-based exercises, instructs learners on how to interpret query results.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain why the CFRO was developed
- Recall the RCMP role in enforcing the Firearms Act
- Recall the types of firearms and the specifications considered in classifying firearms
- Explain the different types of firearm licences and licence statuses
- Explain the requirements of firearm registration and the different statuses associated with firearm certificates
- Recall how the CFRO works in conducting queries
- Interpret responses generated by the CFRO
This course is designed for all frontline police and law enforcement officers, and other personnel who use the CFRO system as part of their regular duties.
The content for this course was provided by operational police officers and subject matter experts within the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Canadian Firearms Program.
Content Provider: RCMP - Canadian Firearms Program
Language: English / French
Length: 2 hours
Release Date: 2009-06-03